Antivirus solutions play an important role in safeguarding our devices from threats, malware, Trojans, viruses, etc. Without deploying an effective antivirus on our devices we cannot provide it the security it needs. Since our devices know everything about us and store a lot of essential information about us including financial as well as a person. A hacker can exploit it even without providing the slightest of knowledge. Moreover, it also provides top-notch protection features from online threats whenever you surf the web.
But, sometimes it becomes the biggest cause of the problem in your device. It might stop you from downloading some programs that are necessary for your device. Therefore you need to uninstall it. On the other hand, you might want to download the latest version of the antivirus product, that is why you need to uninstall it before installing the new one.
Steps to uninstall Norton 360
- To uninstall Norton 360, first of all, you need to press Win + R keys.
- This will open the Run dialog box.
- In this box, you need to type the command appwiz.cpl
- Now, a list of installed programs will open.
- Here, you need to choose Norton 360.
- Either select Remove or select Uninstall.
- After this, you need to tap on “Please remove all user data”.
- When the Subscription Period Warning window opens, select the Next option.
- Now, select “Restart Now” to restart your device.
See Also: How to install Norton 360 Deluxe on 5 Devices?
How to uninstall Norton security from Windows 10?
Uninstall Norton Windows 10 process is easy if you do it the following way:
- From your Windows 10 device, press Win + Q keys.
- This will open the Windows search box.
- Here, you need to type Control Panel and tap on it from the search result.
- Now, navigate to the Programs tab.
- Here, select ‘Uninstall a program’.
- Locate the entry of Norton product and right-click on it.
- Select ‘Uninstall’ from the menu.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen and reboot your PC.
Use Norton product removal tool to completely uninstall Norton
When Norton won’t uninstall, then you may use the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- The first thing you need to do is download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Once it gets downloaded and you need to save it, then to it on your desktop.
- If you are not prompted to save it, then you may find it in the default location of your device.
- Now, go to the Downloads folder and for this press the Ctrl + J keys together.
- Now, locate Norton Remove and Reinstall tool in the list.
- Double-tap on its icon and go to the next step.
- Further, you will sew the license agreement.
- Read it carefully and then tap on the ‘Agree’ button.
- Now, you will be shown a list of options and you need to select ‘Remove & Reinstall’ from here.
- Tap on the ‘Continue’ button and then tap ‘Restart Now’.
The method specified above in which we used Norton Remove and Reinstall tool can also be applied in a situation when Norton stuck on preparing to uninstall.
Hopefully, the workarounds provided in the previous sections have helped you to uninstall Norton from your device without much hassle. In case you are not able to uninstall Norton because of any reason, then you must use the mentioned tool as it is effective and specifically designed for Norton users.
Recommended: Tips and tricks to stay safe from Coronavirus