Norton is one of the highly recommended as well as preferred security solutions and the antivirus software all over the world due to its user-friendly features. Not only user friendly, but the Norton setup also offers a wide range of advanced features like performance optimization, multiple device subscription, virus protection, spyware protection, malware protection, URL blocking to avoid unsafe sites, avoid suspicious downloads, smart firewall, password manager, cloud backup, and many more features.
All these features are available in the family of the Norton Setup including Norton 360, Norton antivirus plus, Norton 360 Deluxe, Norton 360 Super, Norton Family Premier, Norton Mobile Security for Android Norton Mobile Security for Mac, and many more. All these setups have their compatibility with each and every OS of devices like Android, Mac, iOS, and Windows. To get any of this Norton Setup, just have a visit to its official website i.e. Norton.com/Setup as they are available in paid and free versions.
Now, the question that usually hinders the mind of its users that ‘how to install the Norton setup onto the Mac devices’. Thus, the steps to install the Norton Setup onto the Mac devices have been detailed in the article given in order to enlighten the users’ path.
Steps to Install Norton Product onto Mac devices:
Follow the steps detailed below to install the Norton Setup to the users’ Mac devices, easily. The steps are as follows:
- Once the users have downloaded the Norton Setup compatible with their device from Norton.com/Setup, execute its installer
- After this, the users need to enter their Mac Administrator password within the prompt displayed over the screen; click the “Install Helper” button.
- On the next prompt i.e. System Extension Blocked, just click the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, the Norton Installation window will appear onto the screen; here, click the ‘Open Now’ button.
- After this, the ‘Security & Privacy’ window will appear. Here, click the ‘lock’ icon at the bottom, followed by entering the Administrator password of the Mac device again within the required field.
- Now, click the ‘Unlock’ button, followed by marking the radio button of the ‘Allow Store and identified developers’.
- After this, click the ‘Allow’ button.
- On the next prompt, the users will be asked to restart the device.
- Once restarted the device, move to the ‘Open Preferences’ option within the Norton Setup Installation Window for allowing the setup to access the disk for better protection.
- Also, ensure that its extension has been enabled within the ‘Security and Privacy’ panel.
- Just move to the previous panel by clicking the back button, followed by clicking the ‘Complete’ button.
- Thus, the Norton Setup will be successfully installed on Mac devices. Now, the users could execute this setup to scan their device to detect any sort of viruses injected into their device.
The aforementioned steps are quite easy to follow for installing the Norton setup onto the Mac device. But, if any of the errors are prompted on the screen then, the users are highly advised to access the official website of Norton i.e. Norton.com/Setup in order to get assistance in resolving the errors being faced. Norton does provide its free services and technical assistance all round the clock to help its users.