Norton has a smart firewall which controls and manages the communication that takes place between your computer and other systems which are connected through the Internet. The firewall of norton.com/setup protects your devices from the common problems related to security. In case you disable the firewall, your PC will no longer be protected from security risks and Internet threats. It is suggested that you turn off the firewall if it is essentially needed and turn it on again.
At times, the Norton Setup Firewall blocks the specific programs from getting connected with the Internet. These programs usually include Streaming-media programs, games, or business applications. The automatically blocked program can be unblocked but one should unblock it only if he knows that there is no risk involved with the program.
Steps to allow a program blocked by Norton firewall
- Turn on your PC and click on the “Norton” icon to open it.
- When the window “My Norton” which is available next to the “Device Security” tab opens, click on the “Open” option.
- When you are directed to the main window of Norton, you have to click on the “Settings” option.
- When the next window opens, click on the “Firewall” option.
- Now you have to move to the “Program Control” tab.
- Here, select the program on which you want to allow the Internet access or enable the Program’s connectivity with the Internet.
- A drop-down menu list will now appear encompassing the program entry.
- Click on the “Allow” option which is available next to the desired program for which you need to configure the settings.
- In the end, click on the “Apply” option to complete the configuration.
The firewall also configures access to the Internet for certain programs which are enabled by the web browser when they run for the first time. This setting is made well in advance for these programs or you can also say that it is set by default. This default rule is set by the Automatic Program Control. If you do not want that Automatic Program Control sets certain rules by default, then you may disable its settings or turn it off. Whenever you run a web-based program for the first time, you get a prompt asking for your consent to change the settings.
How to disable the Automatic Program Control settings?
To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Turn on your system and click-open Norton. When the “My Norton” window displays on your screen, click on the “Open” option.
- Go to the “Settings” option and then click on “Firewall” option which is available next to it.
- Navigate to the “Advanced Program Control” and move the On/Off switch towards the “Off” position.
For more information regarding the Norton Smart firewall, you may visit the norton.com/setup page. In case you encounter any trouble while performing the steps for disabling the firewall, then you may seek help from Norton helpdesk.