Although it is good to have an antivirus solution on your device, sometimes it may start giving technical glitches to your device. Recently, many users of Norton antivirus of norton.com/setup have shared their experience. They reported about seeing the “Your computer has a fix in progress” message pop up on their device.
The pop up becomes quite annoying at times because it keeps on occurring randomly. It also causes hindrance in the way of users whenever they try to run their antivirus. After thorough research being done on this issue, it was found out that the error has been caused due to the incomplete update of the antivirus. Since there is a problem for every solution, let’s see how you can get rid of this.
What can be done to resolve “Your computer has a fix in progress” error?
Follow the steps given below in order to get rid of this latest error that is hampering users to use their antivirus.
PART-1 Turn off your computer
- Tap on the “start” menu and click on the “Power” icon.
- Your screen will display a list, from which you have to tap on the “shut down” option.
- Wait for the PC to turn off completely.
- Now, you have to wait for some time until moving forward for the next step.
- After this, turn on your system once again.
- Meanwhile, the Norton software might have installed its updates.
- This action will make the pop-up to not to appear on your screen again.
If the steps mentioned above have not helped to resolve the issue, then you should continue with the next part.
PART-2 Disable the Fast Startup
- First of all, you have to press the “Win+R” keys from your Windows PC keyboard.
- This will open the “Run” dialog box.
- In the dialog box that opens, you have to type a command “powercfg.cpl” and then hit the “Enter” key.
- Now the “Power Option” window will appear from which you have to click on “Choose what the power buttons do” option.
- Finally, you have to scroll down and look for the setting that reads “Shutdown”.
- Now, unmark the box that reads “Turn on fast startup”.
- In the end, tap on “save changes” and then check if the issue has been resolved or not.
To sum up-
After performing this procedure successfully, you have to reinstall Norton 360 via norton.com/setup on your device so that it should stay protected from the entry of viruses and threats.