At norton.com/setup, you will find easy and hassle-free solutions to fix all the Norton errors. The most recurring error which a user encounters while working with Norton products is Norton error 8504. There might be many reasons why you are seeing this error displayed on your computer screen. One of the most probable causes of the occurrence of error 8054 is the failed Norton security installation.
The other situations when your computer displays this error code are listed below:
- When you try to install antivirus software on which there already exists a similar program. To resolve this, you have to uninstall the older program and then install the new one.
- When you are prompted to upgrade your Norton product to a newer version and you fail to do so.
Various forms of Norton Error 8504
You might see the Norton error code in the following ways-
- Norton error 8504 0
- Norton error 8504 5
- Norton error 8504 and 100
- Norton Error Code 8504 101
- Norton Error 8504 102
- Norton error 8504 and 104
- Norton Error 8504 106
How to Fix Norton Error 8504
To resolve the various forms of Norton error 8504 follow the steps given below:
Remove the pre-installed antivirus/Free Security tools
- In the first step, you have to remove the pre-existing security tool installed on your PC.
- Now, press the “Windows key” and the “R” key at once.
- Type appwiz.cpl and hit the “enter” key.
- A list of all the installed programs will be displayed on the screen of your computer. Here, tap on the antivirus tool and right-click on it.
- Right-click on the program and select the “Uninstall” option.
- Follow the on-screen instruction for program removal and hit on the “OK” option. This will complete the removal process.
- At last, restart your computer.
Use Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
- Navigate to the official website of Norton and download the latest Norton Removal Tool from there.
- In the next step, double click on the downloaded file and tap “Run”. This will install the software on your device.
- Check the “I Agree” box to give consent on the license agreement page.
- In this step, you have to click on the “Remove only” option followed by “Remove”.
- It’s time to restart your computer.
Update the Graphics Card
- In the first step, you have to right-click on the “My Computer” option followed by the “Manage” option.
- You will be directed to the “Device Manager”. Here click on the “Display adapters” option and hit the “Enter” key.
- Now, right-click on the “HD Graphics Card” option and select “Update Driver Software”.
- Once the updating process completes, restart your device.
Use Norton AutoFix Tool
There are many errors and issues which can be easily fixed by this tool. You can also use it to remove Norton error 8504
- Tap open the Norton Auto Fix Tool icon.
- Hit on the “Run” option to start detecting the issue with your Norton product.
- Once the issue is detected, the tool will automatically remove the cause behind the occurrence of the error and will give you detailed information about it.
Now you are ready to carry forward the Norton Security installation process. If you are still having trouble, you can visit norton.com/setup or connect to the Norton Support team for hasty solutions.