Sometimes the users of antivirus software are not aware of certain tools that are required to deal with the issues with the software. With Norton Power eraser you can easily remove malware from your device. However, sometimes this tool removes some of the genuine files that are malware affected. So, you need to review the scan and remove the process thoroughly before deleted the affected file.
You can also avail Norton Power eraser for Mac and Windows 10 free version from its official website. You can run the Norton Power Eraser tool if you think that your operating system is affected by the virus attacks. The tool is one of the most prominent malware removal tools that help in eliminating the security risks that are nearly impossible to remove. To use the Norton eraser tool go through the article.
How to perform a Norton power eraser tool free download?
The steps mentioned here are applicable for downloading the eraser took on your device:-
- Visit https://us.norton.com/nortonpowereraser.
- Click on the ‘Norton Power Eraser’ button to download.
- In the next step, you have to tap on the “Save” button.
- Once you have saved the file, select the “Desktop” as file’s location and then click on the ‘Save’ option.
- Now, run the ‘Norton Power Eraser’ button and then click twice on the NPE.exe file.
- Go through the license agreement and then click on the ‘Accept’ option.
How to work with Norton Rescue Tools?
You can easily run a scan process by following the steps that are mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you just have to click on the ‘Scan for Risks’ icon that from NPE window. The tool will perform a Rootkit scan automatically and then requires a system restart.
- If you see s message to “Restart” on –screen, you just have to click on the “Restart” option.
- Wait patiently for the scan process to complete.
How to fix Norton power \eraser problems?
You can follow the steps mentioned below to deal with the potential risks:-
- Once the NPE completes the scanning process, it shows you the scanning results. Those files that are considered as risks by Norton are displayed as “Bad” and are recommended to take actions as “Remove” or “Repair”.
- If you see “No risk found” then click on the “OK” option to exit.
- Now you see any file labeled as “Bad” then remove the checkbox.
- If, you see any file labeled as “Unknown” then you have to click on the “Cloud” icon.
- Now, you have to be sure that you have selected the System Restore Point before proceeding with the fix (Recommended) option.
- After this, you have to click on the “Fix Now” option.
- If you are prompted to restart the computer then click on the “Restart Now” option.
- Once the process is completed, click on the option that is labeled as “Done”.
Norton eraser is a very useful tool that helps the users to deal with the malware-infected files and maintain the security practices set by the antivirus. The steps in the article above discuss how effortlessly you can work with Norton Power Eraser. If you have any queries in the procedure described here, then it is suggested to visit Norton’s official website that goes by the URL norton.com/setup and look for the solutions that are provided by the Norton customer support assistants.