For those who do not know how to use Norton Autoblock feature and what it does to your device and its programs, this article will help you throughout. The Norton Autoblock feature stops all the traffic in the network to which your device is connected along with any other computer that attempts to damage the device. Since this includes traffic that may not be virus infected and the Autoblock features only stops the connection for a limited time however it afterward detected the threats associated with it.
The duration of this feature can be set for a specific period for which you want your Norton product to block the connections from attacking the devices. The blocking feature is set by default and your Norton security product blocks all the traffic between your computer and the virus connected devices for a period of 30 minutes. To download or install Norton Autoblock feature you can visit Norton’s official website Norton.com/setup.
Note: – If Autoblock disables a computer or the connected devices that you need to access then you can simply turn off the “Autoblock feature.
East-to-follow steps to disable Norton “Autoblock” feature
1. In the first step, you have to launch the Norton application, by clicking on it.
2. Now, you have to click on the “Settings” option on the Norton maid window.
3. Now, click on the Firewall or Network option.
4. In this step, you have to click on the “Intrusion and Browser Protection” tab to proceed.
5. You have to now click on the “Configure” option visible in the Intrusion Autoblock row that is present under the Intrusion Prevention column.
6. In the Intrusion Autoblock window, you have to do one of the following options: –
- If you want to turn off the Intrusion Autoblock feature then click on the “OFF” option.
- If you wish to turn on the Intrusion Autoblock, then click on “ON” option and then the click on the Autoblock option that are attacking computers from the drop-down list and then selects the duration to which you want to turn on the “Autoblock” option.
7. Now, click on the “OK” option that is visible in the Intrusion Autoblock window.
8. In the last step, you have to click on the “Close” option that is visible in the “Settings” window.
9. Restart the computer again and see whether you can access the desired programs or not.
Note: – If you are still unable to access the programs even when you have performed the steps mentioned above, then you can visit the official site via Norton.com/setup.
Sometimes, it becomes important to access those programs that are blocked by the Norton “Autoblock” feature. To have access to such files, you can consider the steps mentioned above. However, if you face any issues related to the Norton Autoblock feature than you can get in touch with the customer support assistant via Norton’s official website that goes by the URL Norton.com/setup.